Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

My Fia Fia Night

Yesterday Point England did a huge rehearsal. We all lined up into our culture groups, I'm in Bollywood. But I'm not  Indian or Malaysian or anything like that. When Gloria said “lets give it up for the Bollywood,” I was extremely nervous that the butterflies in my stomach where  turning into wasps and stinging me.

The culture group that was before us was the senior kapa haka they were very good. Well we never got to sit because we were after the little kapa haka.The senior kapa haka was very very good and my friends where in there so I was cheering for them. The songs were  Nga Waka, Hoea Ra, Powhiri Mai, Kiko.

While we were dancing I was was so nervous that I got the actions wrong. I was trying my best but I got them wrong and after I did  that mistake I didn't do it again because our dance repeats itself.



At the end of the night was so great I had so much fun that I wish that it happens every single year. The sad thing about it is that this is my last Fia Fia because it happens every two years.

2 comments:

Mr. Hutchings said...

Hey Marama,

Well done on a great night, I know everyone will be talking about it for a long time :)

I love your wording about nervous butterflies turning into stinging wasps, that really shows us how you felt, don't panic about the mistake you made no one noticed and you got it right on the next try :)

Something to watch out for in your writing would be to make sure your wording flows well, look at "I was extremely nervous that..." Vs "I was so nervous that..."

Great work :) Keep writing,

Mr. Hutchings

Marama said...

Thank you Mr Hutchings for leaving a comment on my blog and yes I will fix my mistakes Thank you so much

Marama

Post a Comment